

Shutter speed is how long the hole in the lens stays open for. This is measured in fractions. For example, if the shutter speed is at 1/100, it is going to take a picture at 1/100th of a second. The cameras that we used have a shutter speed that stays open for 15 seconds, which is how we got the pictures above. All the shutter speed does is let the light in in the amount of time that is set in the settings.
In the pictures above, the room was pitch black, save a little light coming in from windows and the light that the other groups were using. In order to get the pictures to turn out the way they did, we needed to change the ISO to a lower number, change the aperture so that we were all in focus, and set the shutter speed anywhere between 7 and 15 seconds.
I would change the settings between ISO, Aperture and Shutter Speed depending on the situation. If I wanted to zoom in on something to show depth of field, I would have to change the Aperture setting. If I wanted to catch a lot of light, but in a short amount of time because I don't have control of the subject, then I would increase the ISO and leave everything else the same. If I wanted to capture movement, or just experiment with light, then I would leave the shutter speed on for a longer amount of time.
My favorite picture is the one where we have our heads in two different positions. Even though it wasn't any one of our ideas, it was still a really cool idea, which made the experience a lot more enjoyable.
No comments:
Post a Comment