Friday, September 4, 2009

Compositional Trick # 6 Framing




Framing helps composition by allowing the photograph to focus on what is being emphasized; it's like a neon sign telling the viewer "look here!" but a little more subtly.
I like the frame on my first photo because it is surrounded by the chain-link fence, and there is this blank space that acts as a frame. I have a fascination with hands; I think that they have beautiful features when it comes to value, so i decided to stick my parters hand in that open space. Aside from the actual frame of the fence, I think that the conrast between the darkness of the hand and the brlightness from the background helps created the effect of a frame. Although i liked the idea for my second frame photo, I think that the actual photo could have been better. The frame blends together with the person and I think it is a little on the weak side because of it.


No comments: