
The personal quilt was an assignment influenced by an artist by the name of Faith Ringgold who, through art, told stories about life. That was the objective of this project. Using Photoshop, I have created past, inside, outside, and future squares, that when put together make up a visual representation of my life. I tried to be as honest as I could with representing myself through the quilt squares. In all of the quilts I incorporated different symbols that I find dear to me; some symbols are obvious, such as trees, whereas others are less conspicuous, such as the rain. Because I am a very reserved person, the hardest thing for me is allowing people to see some of the things that really make up who I am. However, I think that that’s part of the overall experience. I thought of this project as more as a reflection of who I was, who I am now and who I want to be.
No comments:
Post a Comment