The lyrics I chose for this project is from a song entitled Red Cape by Priscilla Ahn.
"But I've got a long red cape that caught in the engine of a plane that's flying way too low. Yesterday a hurricane had blown away my long red cape and I feel satisfied. I'm in peace, I feel sweetly released from all that couldn't let go. If I knew what to do then I guess I'd finally feel anew. But I can't wear my red cape, cause I would be repeating a mistake. I just gotta let it go."
Aside from being a very catchy song and essentially one of my favorites, I chose these lyrics because I interpret them as a metaphor for having to let go of being a child and becoming an independent individual. Right now I'm at the point in my life where I have to make decisions that will affect my life in the next couple of years. As of now, I consider the hurricane to be the stress caused by having to do my college applications and other things related to school that are forcing me to grow up. Therefore, I have to give up my red cape, which is something that I'm completely okay with because it's something that I have to do sooner or later in order to grow up and be independent.

No comments:
Post a Comment